"Music without words means leaving behind the mind and leaving behind the mind is meditation. Meditation returns you to the source and the source of all is sound."
Cultivate a deep presence through inner listening (Nad Yoga) and discover the power of sound and vibration to restore and transcend; to bring about a profound awareness and a new way of learning through the processes of expression and stillness; the dance of sound and silence.
Traveling with an array of unusual instruments Jayā & Saraswatī plays with the deep intention to reveal what is essential in nature and undisturbed by the mind complex. Invoking many worldly cultures and traditions with sound through Didgeridoo, Native Flutes, Overtone flutes, Frame Drums, Medicine Drums, Rattles, whistles, Rainsticks and other percussions, Chungroos, Shrutti, Tibetan Singing Bowls, Crystal Singing Bowls, Tingsha, Sansula, Kalimba, Charango, Guitar and more exotic sacred instruments with the sound of spoken word to echo open the language of the heart.
SOUND CEREMONY retreat
100hr Certification Training
S O U N D — B R E A T H — F R E E D O M
From Listening To Presence, From Sound To Silence
"Music without words means leaving behind the mind and leaving behind the mind is meditation.
Meditation returns you to the source and the source of all is sound." —Kabir
Are you interested in Sacred Sound and all of its mystical components?
We are very excited to announce this unique course pioneering the modern application of Sound Work. We welcome you to be apart of the first ever 100HR SOUND CEREMONY TRAINING, running twice yearly at The Yoga Forest.
14-day Training Immersion Dates 2018
Jul 15-29, 2018
Jan 19-Feb 2, 2019
The very ancient art of healing with sound is quickly growing in popularity throughout the world as many feeling the call to quiet down the mind, pull the reigns on their routines to listen and enquire into a deeper rhythm of life.
We certainly all know that music effects us on many levels. It is as simple as remembering our teenage years or the way our eyes glaze as if seeing a long lost lover as a sweet and nostalgic piece is played. Two and a half thousand years ago the famous Greek philosopher Pythagoras utilized sound as a form of medicine treating a variety of ailments and we can trace this idea back further and outward across continents, cultures and ages right into something we know in our hearts yet cannot find the sufficient words to speak its Truth. As cutting edge as this modality might seem, there is nothing new about Sound Healing and its Power to pierce the veil of thoughts and allow us to perceive the source of where all sound is springing from.
In this training you will learn how to journey into a deep meditative inquiry on the Source of all Sound and from there find many tools to assist in shifting frequencies, healing emotional and psychological scars and opening parts of the heart and mind that you never knew existed! Come traverse the sphere of your consciousness as we create the space for transformation.
“Some day music will be the means of expressing universal religion. Time is wanted for this, but there will come a day when music and its philosophy will become the religion of humanity.”
—Hazrat Inyat Khan
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who has been moved by the Power of Sound. For Musicians, Healers, Therapists, Yogis, Meditators, Mystics, Psychologists, Philosophers, Teachers, Medical Workers, Medicine Workers, Song Carriers People who are ready to shift and lift; to open and ignite and to listen to the subtleties of stillness and silence.
What are the benefits of this application of Sound for health & healing?
Some benefits may include:
- Reduce stress and relief from fatigue, pain, addiction, compulsive thinking, insomnia through deep relaxation and endorphin release
- Accelerate the healing process
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased circulation
- Increased sleep quality
- Increased sense of calm
- Alleviation from anxiety
- Reduced symptoms of depression
- Liberate emotional traumas stored within the body/mind complexes
- Deconstruct negative patterns
- Enhances homeostasis
- Bring release to emotional imbalance
- Remove blockages and facilitate free flow of energy channels – meridians, nerves, & blood vessels
- Promotes creative potential
- Expand the capacity for love, peacefulness and happiness within oneself
- Increased concentration, focus and attention
What will you learn?
- The art and practices from the Contemplative East to the Wisdom of the Shamanic South
- An introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- Theory and practice of Nada, Bhakti & Mantra Yoga
- The healing power of Sound, therapeutic application for yourself and others
- How to shake off your shackles, unbridle and face your fears
- How to locate and sound for yourself and others the energetic centers (chakras) of the body
- How to incorporate sound into classes
- How to hold space for transformation
- How to facilitate sound & singing circles & ceremonies
- Introduction and use of sacred instruments
- Voice Medicine—Tuning, Toning, Chanting
- How to work with Ceremonial Cacao
Nāda Yoga (नादयोग) is an ancient Indian metaphysical system. It is equally a philosophical system, a medicine, and a form of yoga. The system's theoretical and practical aspects are based on the premise that the entire cosmos and all that exists in the cosmos, including human beings, consists of sound vibrations, called nāda. (source: Wikipedia)
Bhakti Yoga (भक्तियोग), The root Bhaj, which means “to adore, to devote or worship God.” Bhakti Yoga has been called “love for love's sake” and “union through love and devotion.” Bhakti is uniting of the individualized consciousness with the Universal through active surrender.
Mantra Yoga (मंत्रयोग) coming from the root Man or Manas meaning mind and instinct and Tra, a tool or instrument to transcend or liberate the mind from itself. Mantras are used to awaken the Self and deepen the meditative aspects of a physical yoga practice. Mantra yoga is a meditation tool meant to engage the mind through focusing on sound, duration and number of repetitions (japa) as a means to get closer to the divinity within, creating positive vibrations that benefit both the one who chants and the one who listens.
Objectives & Outcomes
- Demonstrate, understand and share the philosophies of Sound Yoga and its potential for self-realization
- Develop an effective practice for working with Sound
- Deepen your meditation and awareness on Nad
- Feel comfortable sharing sound with groups
- Learn traditional Vedic Mantras and their meanings
- Explore song traditions for singing circles and kirtans
- Ability to give one on one and group sound healing sessions
- Explore the range and possibilities of your voice
- Instruction on the proper use of sacred instruments such as: Bowls, Tingsha’s, Chimes, Bells
- Artful application of Breath, circular breathing and Didjeridoo (Yidaki)
- The development of the inner ear and subtle listening
- Explore the connection of sound and silence
- To grow through processes of self-transformation
Pricing & Registration
$1950 ALL INCLUSIVE of course & certification; meals & shared accommodation @ The Yoga Forest
$1550*** $400 OFF SUPER EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT*** registration with full payment 9 months prior to course commencement
(9 months prior to July 2018 course - pay before Oct 15, 2017 / 9 months prior to Jan 2019 course - pay before Apr 18, 2018)
$1750*** $200 OFF EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT*** registration with full payment 6 months prior to course commencement
(6 months prior July 2018 course - pay before Jan 15, 2018 // 6 months prior to Jan 2019 course - pay before Jul 18, 2018)
This unique course qualifies for 100hrs Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance!